Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Then and Now: Part One

When I was younger, I was fearless.



I climbed to the top of the trees without thinking. I loved to stand on the highest branch that would support my weight and I would feel the tree swaying and the wind whipping my hair. When something upset me, I would climb a tree in our yard and listen to the breeze rustle the leaves until I calmed down.



Now I’m paranoid. If I hear a noise outside my window at night, my mind immediately jumps to the worse case scenario: i.e. someone is waiting to kidnap, rape and murder me. Every crunching and skittering sound I hear makes my pulse race.



My adrenaline skyrockets and I can’t fall any sleep for hours.

(I'm not liking the texture of the paper. I'm probably not doing this again and I might redo these images.)

No comments:

Post a Comment